Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bell Hooks Education


I decided to reasearch Bell Hooks education. The reason that I chose this theorists is because I found her ideas really interesting.  I liked that she talked about teachers having a passion for educating and that they need to believe in what they are teaching.  On a website I found that this theory was brought to part by the way she was brought up being in segregated schools and then once they were in integrated schools.  She noticed that once she was in an integrated school the teachers lacked the passion for teaching and that this was the most important part of being an educator.  I completely agree with this theory because even before taking this class I have completely been for having a passion for teaching.  I think that this is the most important reason for someone wanting to teach.

http://www.infed.org/thinkers/hooks.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment